Cathy Hall “I use it for vegetable slicing, vegetable julienne, cutting chips, cutting homemade crinkle chips, cutting waffle cut crisps – you name it, if it needs careful slicing out comes the Mandoline.
This was prompted by Midlands Foodies reader Carol Buchan who wanted more info about kitchen equipment. Thanks for your suggestion Carol.
Nowadays there are often power driven devices for various functions, but in my kitchen I love using good old fashioned manual gear where appropriate. I love the touch and feel of doing it by hand. The bonus it works during Load Shedding.
I use my Mandoline for vegetable slicing, vegetable julienne, cutting chips, cutting homemade crinkle chips/crisps – you name it, if it needs careful slicing out comes the Mandolin.
- ROBUST AND PROFESSIONAL : Mandolin made of stainless steel and polymer composite.
- COMPACT: Easy to handle, Double-blades system, folding foot for storage.
- PRACTICAL : Easy inserting of the blades on the side and easy thickness adjustment mechanism.
- EFFICIENT: Easy and precise cut.
- SAFE: Ergonomic pusher for maximum safety – Non-skid feet
- MULTICUTS: Includes double horizontal blades (straight and serrated) and Julienne blades (space 4 and 10 mm) to produce many cut styles : e.g. waffle cut chips.”