What is Darlington Gin all about ? Top quality quintessential gin as per a London Dry Gin.
Darling is known for creativity and ingenuity. With the likes of Evita se Perron, the Voorkamerfest, the annual Wildflower Show and the many diverse activities Darling offers, it is often ahead of the pack. Sure, Darling is not known for gin, nor are we by any means near the front of the gin pack as such, but we do believe we have something different and special in the Darlington Gin in terms of quality, pack and price. We do not want to sound presumptuous but cannot find anything on the market to match this.
What is Darlington all about ?
- Top quality quintessential gin as per a London Dry Gin.
- A uniquely balanced juniper blend for a very distinct aroma and taste
- The subtlest hints of Darling floral flavours making a true “Spirit of Darling”. (As Riaan said in his address at the opening – after a couple of gins the spirit reveals itself and the mythical and mystical properties of the Kukumakranka become a reality !)
- Simple yet very striking packaging achieved by using locally manufactured bottles with an elegant screw cap closure and thus achieving a very keen retail price.
- This is a gin that packs the punch and not just punches the pack.
- A belief that we have a sophisticated and adventurous customer base who like to explore and we provide the great base from which they can do just that.
All of this is summed up in our back label which reads as follows ….
PLUS: Come and visit the DARLINGTON stand at the Voorkamerfest – and taste for yourself – as is or with some delightful infusions – and enjoy the Spirit of Darling.
Best of all and ONLY available to those who come to the Darling Wine Shop is the following offer …. Now if that is not something to wax lyrical about !
Price per bottle - Online and Delivered to Main Centres (Min 6 bottles for delivery) = R295.00
How do you make a perfect jug of Darlington Cup ?
Our Editor, an avowed fan of Pimm's, suggests the following recipe for the perfect Darlington Cup for those balmy days of summer.
In his humble opinion the best option is to make a jug !!!
- 1 cup (250ml) Darlington Gin
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced into ribbons.
- 6 strawberries, thinly sliced.
- 1 orange, thinly sliced.
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced.
- 6 mint sprigs.
- Ice cubes, to serve.
- 1 litre (4 cups) chilled lemonade.
And, of course, a couple of good friends...