In a first for supermarket retailing in South Africa, Checkers will be launching Ready to Chef meal kits.
Developed by chefs, each meal kit consists of fresh, locally-sourced ingredients and a step-by-step recipe card with a QR code to a how-to video.
With Checkers’ Ready to Chef meal kits, even time-pressed consumers can now cook delicious, effort-free dinners at home.
The Ready to Chef meal kits are priced between R119.99 and R179.99 per meal for two people, offering excellent value. They are also perfectly portioned so there is no food waste.
Four different recipes, including a vegetarian option, will be available in stores each week.
There are a total of 16 meal kits in the Ready to Chef range, which include:
- Butter chicken curry with rotis
- Cauliflower cottage pie
- Asian beef and sesame seed salad
- Mushroom, pea and mint risotto
- Beef stroganoff with zucchini spaghetti
- Sweet and sour pork with jasmine rice
- Biltong nicoise salad
- Sweet potato and lentil dahl curry with buttered naan (vegetarian)
The Ready to Chef meal kits will be available at all Checkers and Checkers Hyper supermarkets across South Africa from Wednesday 23 August 2018.