From Nicolaas Hanekom -" We are the Environmental Assessment Practitioner who conduct the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) process. The advert is to invite interested and affected parties to register as an Interested and Affected Party in the EIA process for the proposed development."
My email to Ecoimpact reads - "I have recently come across reference in the Swartland Gazette to a project that you are working on - 'At Darling Green Estate - Farm 4401'.
Can you please let me know where or how I can get more information about this project, such as who is the Sponsor, what are the time frames, how is the public affected, what is your involvement and anything you think Darling residents would be interested to know about."
I have recently received a very helpful email -
"Good morning Peter
I refer to your email .... We are the Environmental Assessment Practitioner who conduct the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) process. The advert is to invite interested and affected parties to register as an Interested and Affected Party in the EIA process for the proposed development.
We have registered you as an Interested and Affected Party and you will receive access to all the reports and comments received.
Herewith please find a link to an electronic copy of the Pre-Application Basic Assessment Report and Appendices available on our website at www.ecoimpact.co.za/public-participation.
Your comment would be appreciated within the regulatory 30 day commenting period or by 18 August 2018.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.
Kind Regards / Vriendelike Groete
With thanks to Nicolaas Hanekom for the information sources. I have include various links and diagrams from the relevant website Pages
Links to information PDFs and pages -
Site Plan - low impact green/eco estate. Image update by Project Manager 24th July 2018
The construction of a Green Estate that will consist of the following erven:
- 9 (1 ha stand) = 9ha
- 12 (0.5 ha stand) = 6ha
- 30 (0.2 ha stand) = 6ha
- 66 (0.125 ha stand) = 8.25ha
- Crafters village (100-130 units)= 4.5ha
- Food and craft market = 6.74ha
- Retirement village (254 units) = 5.37ha
- Open Space 2 Erf = approximately 5ha
- Open space erf, and roads and services with a total development footprint of approximately 61ha.
Register with Ecoimpact as an Interested and Affected Party if you wish to be notified of further developments and meetings. For more information refer to - Details of Public Participation Process
- Darling Green Estate launches February 19, 2019 17:00
- Darling Green Estate launch at Darling Brew February 2, 2019 23:23
- Darling Green Estate Launch at Pinnacle Point January 8, 2019 09:39
- The Atlantis Special Economic Zone (SEZ) officially opened 6th December December 7, 2018 18:43
- Cape Tech Start-up Sector Establishes Immigration Policy Advocacy Panel December 5, 2018 17:37
- GreenCape named as a finalist in Global Energy Awards December 5, 2018 17:31
- Ramaphosa to officially launch Atlantis SEZ December 3, 2018 12:24
- Welcome to @Darling Green Estate, one of its kind September 11, 2018 13:07
- Darling Green Estate Introduction August 27, 2018 08:29
- Swartland Local Municipality voted the Greenest 2018 August 18, 2018 08:55
- Darling Green Estate on Farm 4401 July 18, 2018 13:16