Feeling like a Break ? Why not take a well earned break from the tedium of work and political intrigue ? Book for the Special Preview show of the Echo of a Noise before it jets off to London with Pieter-Dirk Uys. You deserve a darling time.
Why not spend the week-end in Darling ? Enjoy a moment of West Coast country hospitality.
First things first, book your tickets for the show at Evita se Perron – 022.492.3930 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ve put together a list of Darling visitor Accommodation on the Dorpskoerant (aka ‘What’s on in Darling‘) for you to browse. The offer went out to the Accommodation venues a couple of days ago and replies are coming in as we speak. I have loaded up the list of all the Accommodation venues that we at the Dorpskoerant approached with the early adopters highlighted. We hope this helps.
- Book your tickets to the Echo of a Noise – 022.492.3930 or email@example.com
- Book your accommodation for Friday and Saturday nights, seek out the special deals available at the moment.
OK, so that’s your Show booking and Accommodation taken care of… what else is there to do in Sleepy Hollow ?
Here’s an idea or two to whet your whistle –
- Pack up your glad rags
- Sashay off to Darling after work on Friday. We’re just up the road from Cape Town, an easy hour’s drive.
- Book in to your chosen spot
- Nip down to the Darling Brew at 48 Caledon Street for a relaxed early evening tasting of their fine Craft Beers (open till 19h00 on a Friday) and/or book at the Marmalade Cat for their very popular Friday night special or maybe even chill out round the braai fire. We have a spectacular butcher in town, make a plan with the Darling Meat Market and your host.
- Another great option for Friday night has just popped onto the radar, Tash’s Killer Playlist at the Evita se Perron Disco Lounge and Bar.
- Need some wine for the evening ? Nip along to the Darling Wine Shop or the Spar Tops and stock up.
- Saturday morning, take it easy, wake up late.
- OR get kitted up if you are involved with the Daring Brew DBX event before taking shower and getting ready for The Echo of a Noise at Evita se Perron.
- Pop along to Ormonde Wine Estate, right here in the village – treat yourself to the touch of Ondine.
- Try out Darling’s outstanding local cheeses right next door to the Darling Wine Shop at Udderley Delicious.
- Take a trip out to Darling Cellars for a wine tasting.
- Feeling energetic ? Why not get on your jogging togs and take an easy drive to Yzerfontein’s 16 mile beach. Beach both ways is a mere 32 miles, just right to build up an appetite. Of course you don’t have to do the whole trip. If you are blessed with much courage and a wet suit, pop into the Atlantic for a refreshing swim – you won’t find me there, but then I’m a wimp.
- Saturday morning after breakfast. Feeling like exploring ? Pop into our lovely Darling Museum where you will find the Darling Tourism office. Spend an hour browsing around and pick up some useful brochures and ideas for places to visit.
- Got a sweet tooth or an eye for art ? Well you mustn’t miss Darling Sweet. Totally delicious, they have an Art exhibition on right now starting Saturday 19th May.
- Did I mention Darling Olives ? Just 3kms out of town on the Yzerfontein road.
- To top up the week-end singer Mathys Roets at Evita se Perron at 14hoo Sunday.
- Then back home, thoroughly energised for the upcoming week.
Just a word of warning. Living in Darling was intended to be chill-out time for us; quiet semi-retirement as we nibbled sedately on a glass or three of the Cape’s finest. Hohum. Then we discovered that living in Darling can be hectic, so much choice, so much going on in Darling. If you feel the same attraction while you are here pay a visit to Cape Country Properties for a chat with Dot, just saying… we popped in on a whim 6 years ago.
Pieter-Dirk Uys got lost on his way to McGregor in the mid 1990s and ended up in Darling. He went to lunch at a local restaurant, met an estate agent, went to look at a couple of houses, bought one, moved in, bought the old Darling Station to build his dream; a Theatre / Restaurant. And the rest is… well pop in to Evita se Perron and take a look around, browse a cookbook, wander through Boerassic Park, enjoy the restaurant, book a show or two.
See you at ‘the Echo of a Noise‘ on Saturday evening.
For all events at Evita se Perron including shows by –
- Pieter-Dirk Uys
- Tannie Evita Bezuidenhout
- Visiting Musicians
- Visiting Comedians
- Variety shows
Monthly Calendar – including Upcoming and Past Events.