September 2017 newsletter - Capensis meaning ‘’Of the Cape’’. Reg. No. 032-657-NPO
“ If it’s not fun, why do it? ” “Nisi ludibrium, cur agamus?”
Dear Capensis Member
Whether you loathe or love Nietzsche, this one is pretty amazing. Reading this and thinking of how we are dancing in spirit because some rain has finally fallen, the green that suddenly surrounds us and the carpets of flowers everywhere…….. this is our music, which other regions of our country cannot begin to hear. There is a new energy in the air, Spring is here and the 100th Darling Wildflower Flower Show is just around the corner. Darling and her people are blossoming.
A little group of 9 Capensis members met at Plankies baai for the annual Spring braai. It turned out to be a wonderful day and Posberg showed it’s best kept secret again in a blaze of colours. The company was great, lots of laughter and stories were shared while the air was filled with that special aroma of meat sizzling away. Thank you for those who supported and to those who could not make it , we missed you!
Our next meeting will be on Wednesday the 6th September, a few days earlier than normal to accommodate our members who help with the preparatory work at the Flower Show. Bring a friend or family member to our meeting, it makes such a difference to have a full hall for our generous guest speakers, who never ask for any compensation to share their stories and knowledge with us.
We look forward to listening to Andre Boshoff for more information on Estate planning and the impact of the recent Knysna fires.
OUT and ABOUT
SEPTEMBER - WEDNESDAY 27th - PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE
RONDEBERG (Con and Jenny Meyer)
TIME - 11h00
COST - R50 pp
- If you are coming please tell Moira so that she can keep a record of the number for Catering purposes.
OCTOBER - WEDNESDAY 25th
COST - R1,270 for period 10h00 to 16h00
Pam said that if 25 members come @ R40 it will be OK and we can subsidise the balance...
- If you are planning to come please tell Moira as soon as you can so that club can ensure that the numbers work for the special deal to cover the costs.
NOVEMBER - WEDNESDAY 22nd
GROOTE POST - Hilda's Restaurant
TIME 12h00 for 12h30
COST - R120.00 per person - we need to have the final figure at least 3 weeks before the date.
OTHER - Free wine tasting
CAPENSIS BIRTHDAYS - SEPTEMBER
05-Sep Rika Mitchell
06-Sep Denise Kriel
10-Sep Dalene Van almenkerk
14-Sep Louis Van ryneveld
15-Sep Alan Murray
19-Sep Moira Chalmers
27-Sep Kotie Reid
27-Sep Enid Robat
TALKS and EVENTS
SEPTEMBER 6TH - WEDNESDAY @ 10h00
Andre Boshoff for more information on Estate planning and the impact
of the recent Knysna fires.
Lucky Draw winners
August's meeting -
Anonymous Donor - Con Meyer
Eldorado 1st - Jeanette Duckitt
2nd - Peta Flaatten
3rd - Rika Mitchell
Members please note that everyone is expected to be on Tea Duty at some time during the Capensis year.
- The first person on the list must liaise with the other ladies/gentlemen on their list.
- If you are unable to assist in any way, you will be expected to arrange a substitute tea lady/gentleman on the day.
- Once you have managed to organize your replacement, please advise your team leader and Tea Convenor Moira Chalmers on the following number: - 083.282.1361 / 022.492.2233.
- Each person on tea duty is requested to cater for + - 40 people.
- More Savoury than sweet would be preferable. i.e. 3 Savoury and 2 Sweet per team.
- Enid Robat will be responsible for providing Tea, Coffee, Milk, Sugar, Tablecloths and Serviettes for each meeting.
- Tables and chairs to be set out prior to the meeting.
Tea Duty Roster- September
Pam King 082 523 2552
Yvonne Thomas 022 492 2779
Yvonne Gill 082 373 6006
Kay Naude 084 788 0556
Annie Duffas 022 492 3341
Melodie Leyland 022 451 2613
Mientjie Lombard 082 334 7561
Frances Solomon 082 255 6687
Johan Ingram 072 388 7214
Judy Sanan 083 404 3942
Pat Beckman 022 492 3561
Lorraine Spangenberg 022 492 2744
Robby Norman 082 596 8552
Nikki Anderson 083 549 3595
Jeanette Duckitt 022 492 2873